Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Temporal Loop

that is my to-do list has finally, officially been decreased by one line.
I was in denial over the weekend, I admit it.
"No, I'm not sneezing because I caught a cold," I said, "I just have a tickle in my nose."
Two hours later I sounded like I'd been chainsmoking for thirty years. In the past three days, I've slept, used an entire box of tissues, and drunk a fishtank full of ginger ale; my nose is peeling, my voice sounds like a rusty squeezebox, and I still can't quite manage to do more than one or two things before I run out of gas. But somehow--somehow--I've succeeded in knitting that remaining sweater sleeve for the Tam Lin sweater, seamed it, attached it to the body of the sweater, and woven in all those evil little ends.
I should be feeling gleeful and triumphant, even though the KAL ended in November. I should be feeling relieved that I now have a warm, snuggly sweater to wear in this horrendously damp, rainy, chilly weather. I should be feeling gratified because I used yarn I originally got for another project that I ended up deciding not to do. Instead, all I can think about is how crappy I feel and about the difficulties of blocking an adult-sized sweater without the benefit of a blocking board... and in damp weather.
The upshot is that I now have one less project to worry about finishing, so I can now move on to other things. Like taking Nyquil and getting some sleep.

6 comments:

the Lady said...

Ick. Feel better. Leave the blocking till you get Summer weather, and just wear it in the Fall!

teabird said...

I'm sure the sweater will cooperate once you feel well enough to handle it. Feel better!

*Definitely need some Leonard Cohen here - how about "First we take Manhattan"?

La Duchesse said...

And we now have some Leonard... in varying degrees of social activism. ;)

RaeS said...

Oh, goodness! I hope you feel better by now. I was sick with a cold myself about two weeks ago. Mostly better now.

Word verification: "pyrat" o.O

La Duchesse said...

Yup. :) I'm glad you're feeling better!

"Pyrat. n.: 1. Female pirate. 2. Rat with typically pyebald markings. 3. Species of rat which makes its home in overturned pie pans.
adj: pyratical
adv: pyratically
v: to pyrat"

RaeS said...

LOL! I pyrat is now my word of the day! *loves it*