Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Elastic Sole

I'm currently engaged in a battle to the death with some elastic and the pair of Llyn y Morwynion socks, and it's not going quite as well as I'd hoped. Since I didn't follow the instructions for the cuff to the very letter, there's no actual opening to insert the elastic, which means that I've tried everything short of screaming in frustration (which doesn't work anyway). As of two minutes ago, I've tried a tapestry needle; this didn't work, since the elastic is too thick to go through the eye of the needle. Next I tried a hairpin threaded with the elastic; this resulted in several hairpins being shot across the room to the twanging sound of elastic at various tensions... Fail. The crochet hook is giving me somewhat more success, but it's still troublesome. I think next time I do this, I'll put the elastic in BEFORE I fold the cuff over and knit all the live stitches together, and hopefully not give myself gangrene in the process. Ahem.

Addendum: YES! I am victorious. At least... for now. Hopefully my knots won't work loose so that I find myself in the middle of the grocery store with my socks around my ankles.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Better your socks than other articles of clothing, me dearie!

Rachael said...

Oh, my! I'm glad you were finally victorious! That sounds so very frustrating...