Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Revellin' in Ravelry

I is gleeful. I gots my Ravelry invite. Yes, I know that is grammatically incorrect, but that doesn't matter because it gets the point across. So far I've succeeded in getting my stash photographed, organized, and labelled properly; I'm working on getting pictures of WIPS and finished projects similarly organized and labelled. This is trickier because I don't always take pictures while I'm working on things and I occasionally forget to take pictures of them after they're finished.
So far I'm impressed. It seems like a decent tool for networking and organizing, though I don't suppose you actually need an entire database to do that since there are message boards and forums filling a similar need--Yahoo groups, for instance. Still, it looks like the anticipation was worth it; I hope everyone who's participating finds it a positive experience. Now I just have to worry about getting my library sorted out.
Speaking of which, I got the holiday issue of Interweave Knits. I haven't actually had a chance to sit down and look at it yet, but I leafed through last time I was at the store and decided I needed to buy a copy when I wasn't on a deadline. It looks like it has a lot of good projects in it, so I'll post a more detailed analysis in a couple of days. Still lots to do--projects to finish, eye exam on Thursday (fun), and now I have to get organized for a commission... and two more down the road.

No comments: