4 cups of flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
15 oz can pumpkin puree
1/4 tsp chai spices (my own mix of star anise, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
pinch cayenne pepper
2 cups cider, reduced to 1/2 cup
1 oz rum
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup raisins
- Let the cider simmer over medium heat until it's reduced to 1/2 cup, then set it aside to cool.
- Mix flour, spices, salt, nuts, and raisins in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, pumpkin puree, oil, rum, brown sugar, and cider until completely smooth.
- Combine flour mixture and pumpkin mixture, divide into four small loaf pans (or two full-sized ones).
- Bake at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.