Sunday, May 4, 2008

Warm Fuzzies

You are Merino Wool.You are very easygoing and sweet. People like to keep you close because you are so softhearted. You love to be comfortable and warm from your head to your toes.

Take this quiz.

Okay. And now.... swag. The picture of the black Lincoln doesn't do it justice and doesn't really catch the subtleties of the color and sheen, even though I photographed it in direct sunlight. Nor does it show how soft and yummy it is. While Mr. Warrick doesn't have a website, he takes e-mails, so if I need more for my cardigan idea, I might be able to have it shipped. I haven't started spinning it yet, but it's really calling my name and whispering stories about cardigans and such. I'm seriously--in case I haven't mentioned this before--thinking of knitting something similar to the Zenia cardigan, with a different Fair Isle pattern around the hem and sleeves. This will be a big project in the long term, but I'm sure it'll be worth all the time and effort. Incidentally, this ball of roving, I learned, is what they call a "bump". It makes me giggle to say "a bump of wool".
And here, too, is the bamboo roving. As of this particular moment, I'm not sure what I'll do with it, so if anyone has any suggestions, please do let me know. It's also quite soft and fuzzy and has a seriously high "touch me!" factor. Rachael told me that Copper Moose carries this stuff, so I'd have a source for it if I run out in the middle of a project, which I'd hate to do.
No official MSWF merch, alas, but they've got stuff on their website, so there's still time. :P
Oh! And after living here and gardening for about 20 years, mom finally--FINALLY!--got to eat some homegrown asparagus. Dad, silly man, refused to believe the asparagus wasn't a weed and would pull it up by the roots no matter how many times we told him it was a vegetable. So, today, for the first time, mom actually harvested about six stalks of the stuff and we put it in a quiche.

3 comments:

RaeS said...

Yum, yum, yum!!!

Such a shame that the true beauty of the Lincoln roving can't come through in the photos. I can't wait to see what it looks like once you've spun it.

Not sure what to do with the bamboo either. I was thinking of buying some in that color from Copper Moose and making stockings because I have some bamboo stockings and they are yum, but would always be better if hand-knit, imho. :D

La Duchesse said...

D'you think four ounces would be enough for a pair of knee-high socks if I spin it fairly thin?

I'll save some of the Lincoln for you after it's spun up. ;) Then you can see for yourself how luscious it is.

RaeS said...

I would think that would be enough, yeah. I'm pretty bad at gauging things like that (I got 8 ounces for a hat I wanted to make, and it only took about 3 to make). But I think socks don't usually take very much.

Oh, that's so sweet of you to save some of the Lincoln! Only if you absolutely have enough for what you want to do!