Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Progress Report

Barb has made astonishing progress with her knitting. She's mastered the basics and gone on to do things like very small (as in Wee Folk small) garter stitch shawls using yarn over increases, and this afternoon she finished her first proper project... a two needle watch cap in yellow Lion Brand WoolEase. In an attempt to preserve her privacy, I've taken the liberty of.. erm.. altering the photo I took (much to her great amusement), but the hat is there in all its buttery yellow glory. Her next task is learning to master the best shock-and-awe knitting tool in existance.... double pointed needles. She's currently using that pretty yellow yarn to knit a bunch of tiny little tubes as a precursor to taking the plunge and knitting an entire sock. I'm extremely pleased with her progress and she continues to astonish me with how quickly she picks things up. I think I said in an earlier post that mom said either you have it or you don't, and Barb definitely has it. I'll post a picture of her sock progress after her next lesson, which is probably next week some time. Much applause and many gold stars, Barb!

No comments: