Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Foxie, Foxie..

I'm 1.4 oz into the Werefox batts and I know exactly what I'm going to do with the yarn. It's begging to be a Shipwreck Shawl. A Shipwreck Shawl knit for a folkloric creature whose reputation precedes it. You'd think, given the nautical nature imparted by its name, I'd be knitting it for Scylla or Charibdis, or maybe for Amphitrite, but the yarn really doesn't fit any of them.
I guess I could really go in any number of directions with the wool. The brown and red could be vaguely autumnal, so it could just as easily adopt a forest-y name, but I think I'll stick with the obvious and let it keep its name while giving it a slight change of locale by pulling the tail--or tails--of the mischevious kitsune. I can't think of a better example of foxie naughtiness than Tamamo-no-mae... even if she didn't find herself being shipwrecked.

No comments: