Thursday, May 31, 2007

Masters of Which Universe?

While I don't normally shriek with laughter at the prospect of certain things being made into movies--or remade, for that matter-- I just have to do so over this one. Back in the dark days of 1988 or so, I remember sitting down with my friends and watching Masters of the Universe. And enjoying it. Skeletor just plain rocked... until he got his metallic cloak and mask about three quarters of the way into the film. The Sorceress, on the other hand, looked like a reject from a Doctor Who episode. Not that I have anything against Doctor Who, especially as played by Tom Baker.
During my browsing of MSN's pawky gossip blurbs, I found an article saying that, yes, Masters of the Universe is slated to be remade and directed by Joel Silver. As yet, no one has been tapped to don the pink and purple ensemble of cartoon's Prince Adam, let alone the crimson cloak of his alter ego, though the article did have a few possibles noted, including (gag) Steve Austin. Most of the other possibilities didn't really seem to fit, either, though I doubt the role really calls for much in the way of... acting.
I haven't decided yet if this falls into the category of Movies Which Should Never Be Remade Under Any Circumstances. We'll see.

For the moment I'm giving up on the Northern Lights pullover. The pattern either isn't suited to being worked as a Fair Isle design, or I'm just not ready for that kind of challenge, so I ripped out a week's worth of work. That was rather painful, I must say. The Lopi yarn is instead going for another Spartan: maroon with light gray Fair Isle work this time, and at some point, I'll try to figure out how to work the Spartan pattern as a cardigan. I'm not sure I'm ready for that kind of challenge, either, but we'll just see how it goes.
I keep saying I'm going to start writing yarn reviews on here, so maybe my next entry will be a review of the twenty-odd-year-old Lopi I got on eBay.

No comments: