Sunday, March 1, 2009

"...but shalt be always called Blodeuwedd."

I did it. They're finished, and they actually vaguely resemble the pattern I used. I also managed to finish them in practically record (for me) time, which is almost unheard of considering I used fingering weight yarn and toothpick-sized needles. It helps, though, that mom doesn't have huge feet, otherwise I'd be knitting until Doomsday, which is usually what happens when I use fingering weight yarn and toothpick-sized needles. So, here's photographic evidence of Vinnland socks made with Happy Feet yarn and toothpick-sized needles:


Llyn y Morwynion socks are also on my to-do list, specifically for the Folklore and Fairytale Spring KAL. The pattern is Lakeside, which also ties in with the story of Blodeuwedd, though in a slightly less obvious image taken from much later in the story. I cast on early this morning and have forged my way through two pattern repeats of Chart A. Much to my consternation, the stitches seemed a little off, but when I turned the sock around and looked at it from a different angle, I said, "I'll be... It actually looks like it's supposed to!" Shocking. Shocking.

2 comments:

the Lady said...

Ooh, Vinland! I want to do that pattern.

Rachael said...

Ooohhhh!!! So pretty...