Saturday, January 10, 2009

Out On A Limb

After the super-scary episode involving the Laminaria shawl, I got myself embroiled (in a good way, I promise) a scarf swap with a political theme. You'd think, given all the grumbling about Laminaria, that I'd give up on lace knitting completely. The evidence to the left indicates the opposite, however, and I'm pleased to say that I managed to get the scarf finished with only one attack of the Froggingstein Monster. It's blocking on the ironing board now that it's had a dunking in some water with cedar-flavored wool wash (which I sincerely hope doesn't make Whitney sneeze...)
Pattern is Branching Out; yarn is Malabrigo Silky Merino that Emily sent me as part of the tea swap box last year. I have plans to do another one of these, this time for dad's SO. In brown. I might even make one for mom. And one for myself, if I don't run out of steam first.

2 comments:

Linda Moore said...

Oh man, you're all finished and I'm only a third of the way through. :(

RaeS said...

Oh, that's beautiful! I've always admired that pattern, but never tried it myself. I'm glad you were able to get through it and haven't given up on lace.